The month of September included a lot of change, stress, and moments of joy for me.
In September I was grateful…
- that I could be creative with the food that I choose to eat
- for air conditioning
- that I have health insurance and money to seek treatment for chronic pain
- that I felt safe in my home
- for the people in my life who are consistent
- that I’m a social worker
- for Bitmojis
- for cupcakes
- that my parents helped me move
- for my co-workers
In September I learned…
- that I apologize a lot for men’s sexual thoughts and advances
- sometimes I take things too fast
- sometimes I avoid talking to people even if I want to, especially if there is something important I need to talk about
- consistency is key
- sometimes you need to wait for a better opportunity
- if you don’t like your own product, you shouldn’t sell it to anyone else
- even when you think the world can’t wait, it can
- that you don’t need to be afraid of letting others know that you’re in pain
- don’t keep going back to nouns (people, places, things, or ideas), that continue to leave you disappointed
- sometimes you end up having fun even when you didn’t want to do something.
Briana is a licensed social worker and self-care coach. She earned her Master’s of Science in Social Administration from Case Western Reserve University in 2014. She has spent the last 5 years working in crisis intervention. Her passion for serving others is the heart of this site. She started Learning To Be Free to assist others in bringing freedom to their lives.