Happy August! July was a great month. I think I grew more in July than I have over the past few months. I’m starting to get serious and focused on the goals that I have for myself. I’m happy that you’re here for my journey. Now on to what you came for.
In July I Was Grateful…
- that I finally started decluttering my second bedroom
- that I figured out my ideal lifestyle
- for the days that I didn’t need to use my air conditioning
- that my mom celebrated another birthday
- for rediscovering old music (one of my favs – Hey There Delilah – Plain White T’s)
- for finding old video games that I love to play
- for my accountability partner Dickisha – check her out here!
- for all of the failures that I learned from
- for all of the books that I read
- for chocolate chip cookies
In July I Learned…
- you need to ask for what you want
- that a growth mindset = sustainability in life and business
- concentrated effort = long-term success
- that you need to speak up when you see a mistake
- that mistakes =/= catastrophy
- to not be afraid to ask questions
- to try – fail – reiterate
- that you need to speak your mind if you think something could be better
- to be more persistent
- that people are watching what you do even if it doesn’t seem like it
Briana Hollis is a licensed social worker and self-care coach. She earned her Master of Science in Social Administration from Case Western Reserve University in 2014 and her Master of Education from Tiffin University in 2019. She has spent the last 5 years working in crisis intervention. Her passion for serving others is the heart of this site. She started Learning To Be Free to assist others in bringing freedom to their lives.