I love positive affirmations! I had always known about affirmations but never really used them until I experienced a pretty bad break-up that destroyed my self-confidence.
I cried for weeks. I thought I was unloveable and that there was no point in trying (for love, at my career, at anything). One of the things that honestly helped to boost my spirits were positive affirmations.
*This post may contain affiliate and/or referral links. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to use the provided links to purchase any of the below products or services. Please check out my disclosure policy.*
I told myself to say positive affirmations before I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning. Within a month, I was feeling better about my life and my self-esteem sky-rocketed.
Because affirmations for confidence and affirmations for self-love helped me so much, I’ve compiled 100 of them to help support you. Don’t forget to let me know your favorites in the comments.
What are Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are short statements that you can use to provide yourself with encouragement and support. You are confirming a belief about yourself or your situation.
Affirmations can take any form, but many of them usually start with “I Am”. You’ll see a lot of “I AM” affirmations for confidence on this list.
Why do we use positive affirmations? Reciting positive affirmations can often help with rewiring your brain to think more positively.
While your thoughts are only a small piece of who you are, they can greatly impact how you feel about yourself. Using affirmations is easy to do (I give you a list on how to use them further down) and a simple way to bring more positivity into your life.
Positive Affirmations for Self-Confidence
By the way, some of these self-confidence affirmations won’t resonate with you. That’s okay! These are just a starting point. You can change them in any way that makes them better for you.
- I am enough (this is what it says on my favorite ring)
- I love myself for who I am.
- I treat myself with love and kindness.
- I am happy to be me.
- I’m excited to see what the day will bring.
- I find time each day to celebrate myself.
- I fill my mind with positive thoughts.
- I am strong, confident, and courageous.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I am confident in my uniqueness.
- I believe that the universe is on my side.
- My confidence in myself grows and grows.
- I am the master of my thoughts.
- I am mentally strong.
- I am in control.
- My future is bright.
- I am creative, resourceful, and whole.
- I believe that I deserve happiness every day of my life.
- I am learning more about how to handle life confidently
- I feel capable of handling anything that comes my way.
- I trust in myself and my abilities.
- I acknowledge my self-worth.
- I know that I can do anything that I set my mind to.
- I am focused on my happiness.
- I have many talents.
- I am beautiful, inside and out.
- I have confidence that my dreams will come true.
- I face the world with courage and strength.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- I am confident in the love that I for me.
- I am smart.
- I am loved and wanted.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- Others are happy to be in my presence.
- My imperfections make me more confident.
- I am free from self-doubt and filled with self-confidence.
- My confidence radiates out of me every day.
- I don’t waste my time on anything that doesn’t contribute to my growth.
- My thoughts are abundantly positive and confident.
- I believe in myself and my abilities.
- I am a success.
- I am worthy.
- I am more powerful than electricity.
- I am focused on my personal growth.
- I challenge myself daily.
- I take care of myself.
- My best days are ahead of me.
- I am confident.
- I am strong.
- I am a great person who deserves happiness.
- I encourage myself daily.
- I’ve accomplished a lot in life and will accomplish even more.
- I love and respect myself.
- I envision myself walking confidently into every situation.
- Even if I’m not where I want to be, I will be soon.
- I welcome compliments and take them gracefully.
- I have confidence in myself and my future.
- I am successful in everything that I do.
- I am confident that I can handle what life brings my way.
- I deserve all the happiness in the world.
- I attract what is best for me.
- I am more than enough.
- I practice self-compassion.
- I can overcome any block that comes my way.
- My smile is radiant.
- I show up every day and do my best.
- My best keeps getting better and better.
- I attract positive people into my life.
- I can work through any setback.
- I express gratitude every day.
- I turn my negative thoughts into positive ones.
- My own validation is enough for me.
- I embrace my imperfections. They make me who I am.
- I have amazing gifts that I share with the world.
- There is nothing that I can’t accomplish.
- The world is a better place with me in it.
- My life is full.
- I release anything that doesn’t serve me.
- I look forward to all of the joy that will come my way.
- Everything I need to succeed is within me.
- I am brave.
- I don’t apologize for who I am.
- Challenges and obstacles help me to improve.
- I am motivated to be the best that I can be.
- I am grateful for all that I have in my life.
- I believe that anything is possible for me.
- I am consistently hopeful about my future.
- I have all that I need to succeed.
- My successes build on top of each other.
- I live an abundant life.
- My accomplishments are the result of my talents and hard work.
- I have an immense amount of potential.
- I am important.
- I am allowed to come first in my life.
- I am the creator of my future.
- I am an inspiration to others.
- I freely speak my mind because I know what I’m talking about.
- I am fully engaged in building a happy life.
- I grow more confident with each day.
- I celebrate all of my accomplishments.
How To Use Positive Affirmations
You can use positive affirmations in many ways such as:
- Putting them on a bracelet (or other jewelry)
- Say them to yourself while looking in the mirror
- Write them down in a journal
- Write them on post-it notes and leave them for future you to find (you’ll forget you did this!)
- Make a voice recording or video of yourself reciting them and listen/watch it when you’re feeling down.
- Print out your favorite affirmations and put them on your wall (you can find some beautiful prints of affirmations on Etsy as well!)
If you’d like to build up more confidence, self-esteem, and self-love, check out my FREE self-love course!
There you have it! 100 positive affirmations for confidence and building self-esteem! What affirmation is your favorite? And how do you use affirmations? Let me know in the comments!
Briana Hollis is a licensed social worker and self-care coach. She earned her Master of Science in Social Administration from Case Western Reserve University in 2014 and her Master of Education from Tiffin University in 2019. She has spent the last 5 years working in crisis intervention. Her passion for serving others is the heart of this site. She started Learning To Be Free to assist others in bringing freedom to their lives.